Monday, October 15, 2007

administration.

We have a new principal.

About three weeks ago our principal resigned. No one really knows why. A lot of teachers say that she was forced to resign because of mismanagement of funds, but no one actually told us anything.

We have a new principal now. He says he's zero tolerance. He says that heads are gonna roll. He told us that the staff is going to change and that teachers might be replaced. A lot of teachers are upset, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm excited about the prospect of change. The school is in such bad shape and I'm looking forward to someone putting some effort into it. I don't want to lose my job though. My classes are crazy and its hard to get them to produce good work. It makes me nervous about my position and I've never had to be nervous before.

I don't know. Maybe that's a good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maddy said...

I stumbled across this blog last year when I was writing a paper about inner city schools. Although I could not cite your website (due to draconian MLA rules), it gave me a really personal perspective. I am a Junior at a medium sized highschool in WI. In the past few years, many families from Milwauke/Chicago have moved into my school district. A lot of the students have problems handling the work and behaving. I can tell that my teachers are really fustrated and many times they are dismissive to these students. Once a girl asked our teacher how to find the percentage on a test (divide your score by the total) and the teacher gave her a really byzantine answer. It made me really sad and I just did it for the girl.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home